Saturday, November 14, 2009

Part Fourteen

Miss Sarah had no idea where Marie was but she did know at least one stop she was supposed to make today. Sparky was still at Brodie's, his table now overflowing with even more of the bar's large tea mugs as well as parchments filled with notes and drawings. He waved when Sarah entered and shoved some of the sheets of under others without even bothering to do it sneakily.

"Miss Sarah, to what do I owe the pleasure of your company?"

"Business I'm afraid and I'm in a bit of rush, luv, would you happen to know where Marie has gone off to?"

"Ah, well she didn't say exactly, I don't think she knew actually, but I know she was looking for a nice place for an afternoon ambush."

"Ah, I see. Thanks Sparky, I think I might have a shortlist for that."

"My pleasure, do take care now!"

Miss Sarah left the bar and unknowingly copied Marie's earlier actions and thoughts almost exactly. She also reached much the same conclusions and soon she stood beneath the building upon which Marie perched.

A sharp whistle brought Marie out of her thoughts and she smiled down at her assistant as she used the fire-escape in a rather unorthodox way to get to the ground.

"Sarah, I was just coming to get you!"

"Well, I had some urgent information. The runes seems to have done their job perfectly - the Sniffer was in that backyard all confused when I left it."

"Brilliant! That's the final piece of the plan... Here's what I need you to do..."

No comments:

Post a Comment